Seven team members from Faith Church in Kansas, came down to help us reach out to our community and beyond late last month.
Their hearts to serve and bless the people of Guatemala was awesome. They made a difference in many, many lives through all they did. While it’s not a complete list, here are some highlights of the difference they made here. Faith Church and their team:
- Encouraged the pastor and leaders in Chinique.
- Brought healing to Pastor Samuel’s wife.
- Provided excellent tools for ongoing work projects.
- Built a house for a woman in Chinique. (see photo)
- Installed a nearly 300-gallon rain water collection system for Erlinda.
- Reinforced “the wall” at Erlinda’s new house.
- Visited two families and brought food, hope and Christ’s love to them.
- Encouraged our intern in his preparations for ministry.
- Brought a practical message from God’s Word to the ASELSI staff devotions.
- Prayed for the sick and hurting in the national hospital.
- Ministered alongside the ASELSI team.
- Played some amazing soccer. (Jeff’s quite the skilled goalie!)
- Helped minister to over 30 kids at the Little Disciples Bible Study.
- Helped safely trim some tall branches out of our trees. (These branches became firewood for some of our neighbors!) (see photo below)
- Built a swingset (out of one of those big branches) for kids in Chujupen.
- Cemented in two flowerbeds at our ministry house in Chujupen.
- Blessed the Shead kids with lots of smiles, laughter, and joy.
That’s a lot that God did through you in only a few days! We know that this team’s impact will continue to bless these and many others in days and months to come.
Chrisi and I appreciate that this team came and cared for the people and ministries that we serve here in Guatemala. We feel uplifted by having them join us in ministry for the week.
If you or your church, youth group, cell group, family, or group of friends would like to do a mission trip with a purpose, get in touch with us and we can share what options are available here in Guatemala!